Business Consultant – Resource Efficiency and Sustainability
International Synergies Limited is passionate about helping businesses turn their wastes into a valuable resource. We are looking for someone to join our team at the leading edge of the practical implementation of a circular economy.
- A self-starter with the self-discipline to work independently
- Results driven
- Well-versed in environmental issues and business conditions across a variety of industry sectors
- Experienced delivering business support on resource efficiency issues
- Experienced managing customer relationships
- A confident networker
- Able to write clear and concise reports
- Comfortable delivering engaging presentations to a business audience
- Educated to degree level or equivalent
- Hold a full driver’s licence and own car
- Foreign language skills are a distinct advantage but not essential.
Managing your own portfolio of resource efficiency projects and associated contacts, you will be working across a wide range of industrial sectors as part of an operations delivery team. You will be delivering the core role requirements of:
- You will work with a network of Birmingham and Solihull and academic institutions, to identify potential matches between business such that one company’s waste becomes another’s valued input. You will deliver this outcome through a mix of face to face support and participating in a regional programme of events and workshops.
- You will assist SMEs to identify, quantify, categorise and manage their waste production such that it could be used by another company as a raw material input. This is done in part through the completion waste/water/energy audits and upskilling key employees.
- You will provide additional consultancy support to assist businesses in improving regulatory compliance, installing environmental management systems and reducing site energy and water consumption.
- Potential development opportunity to be involved in overseas project delivery
- Indicative salary range £35k to £40k with benefits package, depending on experience.
The ideal candidate will have had experience of delivering environmental management, or resource efficiency improvements, within a process industry environment. This could be as a direct employee of the organisation, or as a consultant. Individuals with previous experience of working as part of a UK Government, or EU funded business to business support project will also have an advantage.
To apply or find out more, please send your CV and covering letter to email@example.com
There is currently one post available based at our Birmingham head office, working with Birmingham and Solihull businesses. CVs will be reviewed on a rolling basis until the available position is filled.